Sunday, May 14, 2017

Yvette Quinones-Eannazzo Seeks Position on Elmsford School Board






















As a candidate for School Board, I want to make our great schools even better and be a voice for all the children. Many parents may already know who I am. Some may have no idea who I am . I have been part of the Elmsford Community for the past 17 years. I was a member of the Elmsford Fire Department for 4 years, during which time I ran our Junior Fire Fighters organization. This is where I met my amazing husband who is a former Fire Chief for the Elmsford Fire Department. In 2004 we had our first child, Olivia and in 2006 we had our second child AJ.

Olivia and Aj attended Our Lady of Mt. Carmel until last year. For personal reasons, we transferred both children to Elmsford Public Schools. While we were at OLMC I was President of the Parents Guild. I worked with other parents to organize and run fundraisers. Some of the events we ran were: as Babysitting night, Movie Nights, Bunko Night, Valentines dance, 5th, 6th and 7th grade dance, Teacher appreciation Breakfast, back to school BBQ End of the year BBQ Christmas fair, monthly bake sales and the Annual Parents Guild dinner. Although it was important for us to fund school projects we also wanted to run events that would bring the school together and create a family at mosphere.

I also helped coach both my kid's basketball teams at OLMC.

Since we started EUFSD in September I have Volunteered at International Night, Grady's Carnival and both book fairs. Both of our children have done very well academically and have taken advantage of many of the after-school activities. They have adjusted to their new school and still stay in touch with their wonderful OLMC fr iends.

If elected, I will work hard for every student, parent, teacher and resident. I believe in being fiscally responsible and to make sure every tax dollar is used appropriately . It is important not only to continue the great work the current board is doing but it is equally important to make our school district even better.

I respectfully ask for your vote on May 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment